Monday, July 9, 2012

Hala Mae

Many of you have met our family dog, Hala Mae.  She was diagnosed in September, 2011 with Melanoma cancer and was given 5 months to live.  We gave Hala a lot of extra attention and made sure she was given some extra pieces of steak every now and then.  On July 5th, I had to make the horrible decision to put Hala to sleep.  When the girls got home that night I didn't mention anything, as I knew I would start crying.  So, about 7:00 Resa came to me and asked where Hala was and I let her know that she had gotten sick and I had taken her to Dr. Craig's office.  I explained that Hala was in Heaven now, with God.  With a confused look on her face Resa asks, "Did God pick her up?" "Did He take her blankets too?" "I am going to the basement to look for her!"  I had to explain that Hala wasn't in the basement any more. 

The next morning when I took the girls to daycare Adli told her teacher, "God took Hala to have surgery and when He brings her back she won't have any more cancer!"  Adli was so happy that Hala wouldn't be sick any more.  Over the weekend the girls have asked several times when Hala will be home from the groomer's, so I try to explain that Hala is with God now. 

We all loved Hala to the moon and back!  She will always have a special place in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment