Monday, July 30, 2012

Adli Olivia Mae

I wanted to post some pictures of Adli over the last 4 1/2 years so that we can see how much she has grown.  It is hard to believe that it has been that long since she was born at 3 pounds 8 ounces and 17 1/4 inches long, with dark hair.  I can remember telling Scott that if she is born with dark hair that we had to include Olivia as one of her middle names.  Also, Mae is a family middle name so it was clear that she would have 2 middle names.  Adli's great great grandma, great grandma, grandma, mother, and cousin Quincy all have the middle name of Mae, so there was no chance that Adli was going to miss out on that family name.  I had to wait 5 days before I could hold Adli, she was born on Tuesday, March 11th, at 14:14 military time, 2:14 PM, and I was not able to hold her until Sunday, March 16th.  I can remember that Grandma Thelma, Uncle Walt and Aunt Sharon came that day to visit Adli in the NICU and I was so excited to hold her and they could see her too.  It was 6 weeks before anyone besides myself could hold Adli, she was only to be held for an hour and a half each day and they wanted Adli and I to have "kangaroo" time, which is skin to skin holding.  It would help my milk production and also let Adli hear my heart beat and smell me.  Actually, the nurses gave me a red and white piece of cloth in the shape of a heart to put inside my shirt and wear for a few hours, then they would place it under Adli's face so that she could smell me.  I thought it was a wonderful idea because it was so hard for me to go home at night without her.  You can see the heart under head in this picture.

Adli at 3 days old

After 50 days we were finally able to bring our baby home!

Jake and Faith hanging out with Adli during tummy time.
Adli almost 4 months old.

Adli's first Halloween, she was a lady bug!  Look how blue her eyes are!

Adli's favorite food was sweet potatoes...notice her nose actually turned orange...and it didn't wash off!  This was Adli's first winter, so she was around 9 months old.

Ready to go on a walk!  Adli was a year and half old.

I love those cheeks and eyes!  18 months


Adli's 2nd Halloween as a chicken!

I can recognize those tail feathers anywhere!  Adli and Resa were both chickens for Halloween.

Adli loves necklaces!  Almost 2 here.

Adli kissing Resa!

Skipping ahead almost 3 years...and another kiss!



Adli loves to get her hair straightened!  I guess I can see what she will look like as a teenager!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post about sweet Adli!! She's come a long way since those 50 long days in the NICU, huh? And what a beautiful girl she is :)

    ReplyDelete